There was only one thing that had to be done to get the bass playing optimally: Bridge Height and Shape.
Of course it never stops there for those that like their basses a certain way.
- Adjust neck shape and thickness. Restain and refinish neck.
- Remove The Realist pickup
- Reshape and reduce height on bridge
- Bore hole in bridge for Balsereit Pickup
- Add small wood block on tailpiece for AKG mic mount
- Fill in concavity on tailpiece, carve wooden holder, and glue holder to bottom side of tailpiece to allow for secure mount of XLR connectors from AKG Mic and Balsereit.
- Create long and thick Laborie type endpin and bore hole