Many of you have noticed a sudden drop in posts in past weeks. I’ve been busy working on the Czech Ease and getting it to my liking. This is not to say that the bass needed a lot of work. In fact, it was surprisingly good for a new bass. The sound was good , fingerboard was excellent, and the bridge was good.
There was only one thing that had to be done to get the bass playing optimally: Bridge Height and Shape.
Of course it never stops there for those that like their basses a certain way.
- Adjust neck shape and thickness. Restain and refinish neck.
- Remove The Realist pickup
- Reshape and reduce height on bridge
- Bore hole in bridge for Balsereit Pickup
- Add small wood block on tailpiece for AKG mic mount
- Fill in concavity on tailpiece, carve wooden holder, and glue holder to bottom side of tailpiece to allow for secure mount of XLR connectors from AKG Mic and Balsereit.
- Create long and thick Laborie type endpin and bore hole
Filed under: Uncategorized